Mechanical strength and influencing factors
Compressive strength: When the external force is pressure, the ultimate resistance capacity of the object at the moment of crushing.
Bending strength: When the external force is perpendicular to the axis of the object, the object is first bent to the ultimate resistance at the moment of breaking under the action of the external force.
Tensile strength: When the external force is a tensile force, the instantaneous limit resistance capacity of the object being broken.
(1) Particle strength coefficient
What is a prebaked anode?
The prebaked anode (code name TY) is the conductive anode of the aluminum electrolytic cell. The raw materials for the production of the pre-baked anode are petroleum coke, pitch coke and coal pitch. It is made through the processes of calcination, pulverization, mixing, kneading, molding and roasting.
What are the types of petroleum coke?
According to the different coking process, petroleum coke can be divided into delayed petroleum coke and kettle coke. At present, the delayed coke produced by the delayed coking method is the most widely used.
What are the characteristics of modified asphalt as a binder for carbon production?
1. Coking: With high residual carbon value, more bonded coke can be produced during roasting, and the product has high mechanical strength.
2. High softening point, easy to solve long distance and transportation problems in summer.
3. In the process of kneading and kneading, less smoke escapes from asphalt, which can reduce environmental pollution.
4. When the modified asphalt is used, the temperature of the asphalt pipeline and the mixing temperature, the temperature of the molding and the material room should be increased correspondingly, and the melting temperature of the asphalt is also higher than that of the medium temperature asphalt.
5. Modified asphalt contains more resin and secondary QI, and has higher thermal stability, which is beneficial to improve the quality of carbon block products.
Why is petroleum coke crushed before calcination?
If the lump of petroleum coke is too large, not only the uniformity of the calcined coke quality cannot be guaranteed in the calcination process, but also the limitation of the calcination equipment causes difficulties in feeding and discharging, and also affects the efficiency of the crushing equipment. Therefore, the carbonaceous raw materials should be crushed to a medium size of about 40mm before calcination to ensure that the large and small pieces can be calcined at a uniform temperature. But the carbonaceous raw materials should not be finely broken, otherwise it will cause too much powder and increase the amount of burning loss.
What is calcination?
The process of high temperature (1200 ~ 1350 °C) heat treatment of carbonaceous raw materials under the condition of isolation of air is called calcination. Calcination is the first heat treatment process of carbon production. Calcination makes the structure and physical and chemical properties of various carbonaceous raw materials A series of changes have taken place.
What is the purpose of calcination of petroleum coke raw materials? What are the quality indicators of calcination?
The purpose is to:
1. Eliminate moisture and volatile matter in petroleum coke;
2. Improve the density and mechanical strength of petroleum coke;
3. Improve the conductivity of petroleum coke;
4. Improve the sun resistance of petroleum coke.
The calcined quality of petroleum coke is generally controlled by the two indexes of powder specific resistance and true density. The higher the calcining degree of petroleum coke, the lower the specific resistance of the calcined powder and the higher the true density.