At present, there are two types of mould lubricants: mold powder and oil (rapeseed oil), undeveloped countries, India, etc.
Copper mould tube lubrication can reduce the resistance of billet drawing and improve heat transfer by filling air gap with lubricant. It can prevent the bonding between billet shell and inner wall of mould, improve the surface quality of billet and play an important role in ensuring smooth casting.
Mold powder is a stable and uniform liquid slag film formed in the mould and shell. Its function is
(1) insulation and heat preservation to prevent heat dissipation.
(2) Separate air to prevent secondary oxidation of molten steel and ensure the quality of steel
(3) Absorbing and dissolving inclusions floating from molten steel to steel slag interface
(4) There is a lubricating film between the wall and shell of the mould.
(5) Filling the air gap between the shell and the mould to improve the heat transfer function.